Thursday 15 October 2015

Props continued

The inspiration behind the mask because it is used in the movie The Seventh Seal and also used in Red Dwarf for the character Legion. I saw the movie and that the mask is on a personified version of death and straight away knew I wanted to use it in my music video because death is a big part of the metal genre and defines a lot of bands so that is why it was an instant choice to use it. When I saw Legion in Red Dwarf it was an instant hit with me and if I could get something like that I knew I was going to be happy. 
 



When I saw Marilyn Manson's No Reflection music video and saw how the ink was represented as cyanide, I was hooked straight away and from day one I wanted to use it in my video. 


When I first heard the new While She Sleeps album Brainwashed I was really hooked and haven't stopped listening to it since, but there was one track on it that really got me going and that was New World Torture. The video predominately consists of a flag being burned and the main focus on the flames. When I saw the video a lot of sparks in my brain started going off and I wanted to use the aspect of fire in my video. 


1 comment:

  1. Your planning here and references to research reflects your engagement with your music video production and particularly your enthusiasm as a fan of the metal genre.

    ReplyDelete